Welcome

Dream Center Peoria is a faith based not-for-profit founded by Riverside Community Church and united with local area churches, not-for-profit organizations, government, businesses and individuals who dream big and share our vision help families living in poverty, starting with kids and youth.


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Life-Changing Experience

(Mission Peoria experience thus far...)
As this being my first missions trip I was somewhat skeptical and afraid if this was the right choice for me to participate in. Sure, I love Jesus as much as the next person, but, I am not the best at confessing and showing my love to others I really don’t know. Today, I hit a turning point in my faith. Teaching to the South Side Mission Youth allowed me to get a group of three youth members and talk to them, ask them questions on what they felt God has called them to do. They may only be eight years old, but they still have ideas and thoughts that are as big as mine. By confessing my love and showing them there is truely a purpose and a reason they are on this Earth actualy showed me that maybe becoming a teacher or an actor is not my calling. It may be something even bigger. I know God is there with me One-Hundred percent. That’s something I can always count upon.
written by: Rahmell Brown

No comments: