Welcome

Dream Center Peoria is a faith based not-for-profit founded by Riverside Community Church and united with local area churches, not-for-profit organizations, government, businesses and individuals who dream big and share our vision help families living in poverty, starting with kids and youth.


Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why me?

“Why me?” This is the question I have been asking God for the past four years now. I, for the most part of my high school career have had a home I can call my own. Luckily, there were family members and family friends who would take my mother and I in. After awhile they would soon grow tired of my mother and I and force us to move out. During a good part of this period my mother had a long term boyfriend who would take us into his house for a few months and he would also kick us out of his home, think about it, a man who calls himself the greatest thing to ever happen to my mom isn’t enough of a man to take in people he claims to love and cherish when he manipulates us and uses us for his own ways. This is something that has been pressing on my heart for the longest time and I was refusing to let go. December, my mother and I moved to my aunt’s house. In June, I decided to move out after a threat to kick my mother and I out. Ever since I have been living with a family from my church, they opened their doors to me and have been loving ever single second. There have been personal issues that I have been harming my body with and haven’t been correct in God’s eyes. They sat me down and told me their love and how they loved me too much to continue to destroy my body though this. Now that I am at Mission Peoria, during the sermon tonight I learned that God is truly using these hard time to make me into a better person. I am only half way into the story God has written for me and that if I want to finish strong in his eyes I need to trust in his word. During the end of the sermon Mr. King asked all those who had personal struggles and truly believe that God is truly using me for the best then they need to stand and join him near the stage. I stood up and walk, I felt a weight lifted off of my shoulders and listened to the music being played by the band. My baseline leader, Jared took me and prayed for me, I immediately hugged him and cried. The anger, pain, hate, and anguish was out of me and I felt like a new person. Soon, Mr. King prayed with me as well and for the first time I truly felt how powerful he truly can be if you just lay everything down for him and give it up to him. How great he really is.
written by: Rahmell Brown

No comments: